Eligible candidates must:
• Be a current member, or the child of a member, of a local union affiliated to the OFL;
• Be enrolled for September 2017 to enter their first year of full-time study (leading to a diploma or certificate) at a public Ontario community college or the first year of an undergraduate program (leading to a degree) at a publicly funded Ontario university;
• Not have any prior post-secondary studies; and
• Be currently enrolled or not more than two years out of secondary school.
The criteria for selection of the scholarship winners will be based on:
1. An original essay, poster or video submission on the topic outlined in this year’s application package.
2. A brief résumé outlining non-academic interests and activities, such as community or political involvement as well as goals for the future.
3. Evidence of understanding of the role and significance of the Canadian labour movement.
The deadline for receipt of applications is July 10, 2017. Application Forms can be found on-line at www.ofl.ca/index.php/scholarships. This year’s scholarship winners will be announced in August 2017.
Application form here –> 2017 OFL Scholarship Application