We have several businesses in our local area that have offered their support during our current job action.
Thank you from the Members and Leadership of Unifor Local 88.
We personally apologize if we have missed anyone, the support from our community has been truly overwhelming.
We will continue to add to the list as more support comes in.
You will need to show Unifor Local 88 ID if going into these participating businesses.
- Tremblett’s Independent Grocer – Ingersoll – ‘Due to the disappointing news this morning that Cami is on strike. We will be changing our operation hours and opening back to 24hrs to offer free bottle water and free coffee and snacks all day and night for any employees. From all of the staff at Trembletts YIG we hope for a fast solution.
If there is anything else we can do to try and support please pass on to your friends and family, please ask us.
Rob & Jessi’
- Coffee Culture Ingersoll – We have community support from Coffee Culture Ingersoll… the owners of Coffee Culture have graciously offered free coffee to anyone working at Cami. You need to show proof of ID.
- Mill Pond Tap and Grill – 2008 Dorchester Rd., Dorchester ON – Offering cami employees 69 cent wings and $13 team pitchers.
- McDonalds Ingersoll – Providing coffee to the line. ‘Giving is not just about making a donation, it’s about making a difference and supporting our community. It offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give back to those who support us unwaveringly’ #solidarity – Janna Purdy, General Manager McDonalds Ingersoll
- Breckles Insurance – Unifor Insurance $25 Gift Card – We are thinking of Local 88 members during the current job action and offer support as you work towards a resolution. Our promotion is a $25 gift card to Tim Hortons if we do not beat your current home and auto insurance premium. Get a quote at 1-877-229-4677 or www.uniforinsurance.com and advise you are a Cami Local 88 Member. In Solidarity, Breckles Insurance Brokers Waterloo, proud members of Local 1106.
- Dave ‘Buck’ Norrie – for dropping of firewood to our picket line
- Murray McKay – Farmer from the Embro area – Dropped of $50 to help out Thanks Murray!
- Galanski & Tallon Chiropractic Centre – in London to give free services to existing employees who go there.
- London Fire Fighters Association – Food for the picket line
- CUPW 634 – Canadian Union of Postal Workers Ingersoll – Food for the Picket Line
- CUPW 632 – Canadian Union of Postal Workers Tillsonburg – Food for the Picket Line
- USW 2894 – Members from United Steel Workers 2894 at Tenneco Automotive in Cambridge – Supplies for the Picket Line
- Domino’s Ingersoll – Any pizza delivered to the line for a member is 50% off
- The Glide Inn Restaurant & Motel – Pizza for the line ‘The town of Norwich and community stands with local 88’
- JTK Farms – Providing hamburgers and hotdogs to the line – pic
- Inspiring Lengths Hair Design – On behalf of Inspiring Lengths Hair Design I’m offering all CAMI employees and immediate family discounted haircuts.
Women $15.00 wash cut style
Text or call
- Maya Health Food Centre – with locations in Ingersoll and Woodstock are offering Cami employees a lifetime 10% off all products. Drop into either location with your Cami ID to get one – Visit on Facebook
- Louies Pizza & Pasta – Pizza for the picket line
- The Realty Firm – pizza, chips and pop to every gate
- Weston Bakeries – donated baked goods
- Pet Valu – treats and water dishes for animals
- Tim Hortons Ingersoll
- Shoppers Drug Mart Ingersoll – View offer here
- Roberts Ladies Wear in Ingersoll – Apples for the picket Line
- Beres catering in Tillsonburg – Catered lunch to the picket line
- Degroote Hill in Tillsonburg – sandwiches and cold drinks
- Pharmasave Ingersoll – 20% off for the whole community every Wednesday for the duration of the strike
- Patricia Robertson – Woodstock Travel – Drinks and ice for the picket line
- Unifor Local 2163 – Bagged lunches several times to the picket line
- 10 Buck Pizza – pizza for the picket line
- Little Caesars – pizza for the picket line
- Provincial NDP leader Andrea Horwath – Coffee, muffins, and donuts
- Unifor Local 27 – trays of sandwiches
We also send out a huge THANK YOU to members of our communities that sent messages and letters of support for our members:
- Unifor Local 636 woodstock – view letter
- Unifor Locals 222/199/636 – view letter
- Patti Shipway
- Suzanne MacNeil – Halifax Labour President
- CUPE Local 3906 – Representing academic workers
- rank&file.ca – Canadian labour news
- Wayne Gates – NDP MPP Niagara falls
- Mike Prosser – Unifor Local 707 Ford Oakville
- Lisa Gretsky – NDP MPP Windsor West
- Tracey Ramsay – NDP MP Essex & NDP Trade Critic
- Cheryl McClure
- ETFO – Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario – Thames Valley
- EFRP – Educational Resource Facilitators of Peel
- Katha Fortier – Assistant to the National President Unifor
- Jim Stanford – Economist & Director, Centre for Future Work at the Australia Institute
- CUPE – Canadian Union Of Public Employees
- Conor Moore – Board member for the Associated Designers of Canada
- Ahmed Gaied – Executive Vice President for the Ontario Federation of Labour (OFL)
- Patty Coates – Secretary Treasurer for the OFL
- Chris Buckley – President of the OFL
- Dylan Penner – Media Officer at the Council of Canadians – VP Unifor 567
- ETFO – Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario
- Unifor Ottawa
- Bill Gibson – Unifor – Kitchener area director
- Jerry Dias – Unifor National President
- Lana Payne – Unifor – Atlantic Regional Director
- CAPE – Canadian Association of Professional Employees
- Lisa Kelly – Unifor – Director Unifor Womens Department
- Sharon Lupton – National Director, Labour Programs and Services United Way
- Bob White Classic Committee – Letter and donation to the local women’s shelter on our behalf
- Ford Council – Support letter
- Power Worker Union – Ingersoll
- Kelly Ziegner, CEO, United Way Elgin Middlesex & Kelly Gillson, Executive Director, United Way Oxford – Just a quick note to let you know that your friends at United Way are thinking of you and your members today as you take to the picket lines. As precarious and low-wage work is all-too-often becoming the norm, we appreciate the many ways you advocate to keep good jobs in our region. We hope negotiations continue and your members aren’t out for long. Your members have been extraordinarily generous throughout the years, opening their hearts and wallets in support of local communities. Members of our teams will stop by with information about 211 for workers who may need assistance during this period. It’s a small thing, but hope it helps.
- Unifor Local 636
- Catholic School Board
- London Brewery Workers
- Unifor Local2163
- USW 2894 – United Steel Workers Local 2894
- CUPE 7575 – Canadian Union of Public Employees
- Unifor Local 5555 – from McMaster University
- Members from Toyota in Cambridge & Woodstock
- Unifor 597 & 1209 – As Unifor Atlantic members gather in Halifax to fight back against Stephen McNeil and his Liberals and their attack on our bargaining, we stand in Solidarity with our locked out Sisters and Brothers of Local 597 in Gander NL and striking workers at Local 1209 in Quebec and Local 88 in Ingersoll. Solidarity to you from all of us
- Irene Mathyssen – MP for London – Fanshawe
- Unifor Local 444, FCA Unifor Council and Master Bargaining Committee – Representing workers at Chrysler and in the surrounding area – View letter
- Tara Natyshak – MPP for Essex
- Unifor 199 – GM St. Catharines President Greg Brady supporting
- Local 1520 retiree’s – ‘Brothers Dan Borthwick and Mike Vanboekel,
As you enter your second week of strike action at Cami you continue to have the full support of our chapter to win a fair and just settlement for your members. Please let me know if there is any way we can be of assistance.In Solidarity,
Chairperson Unifor Local 1520 Retired Workers Chapter’
- IPS Council – Letter of support
- Julie Herron, Unifor London Area Director – Letter of support
- Unifor Local 4304 – representing members employed at Grand River Transit, part of the Transit Services Division of the Regional Municipality of Waterloo
- Unifor Skilled Trades Council – Letter of support
- Patti Dalton – President London and District Labour CouncilI hope that you are well and holding up despite all of the stresses. I wanted to let you know that I will not be able to join you for the rally tomorrow as I am teaching at that time. However, we have sent out the message to attend to all of our affiliates and we had considerable discussion at our labour council Executive Board meeting yesterday about how we can support you, your leadership and your members. There will be labour council representation at the rally.I want to convey our collective solidarity formally, and as I have posted on social media, I recognize and honour the sacrifices that are being made by UNIFOR Local 88 for every worker and every union. You are courageously walking the line to hold the line for all of us. You are raising the issue of Canadian jobs being lost with no penalties for corporations that have gleaned huge profits and the fact that your members have done mandatory overtime for years, demonstrating their commitment to the job but also the company’s evident disregard for their family and personal lives. It is unacceptable how you are being treated and we are so grateful and proud that you are taking this historic stand for all of us in the labour movement.Stay strong. We stand with you in this struggle and will be walking with you as long as it takes.
President London and District
- Oxford People Against the Landfill – Letter of support
- Oakville and district Labour Council – Tonight at the Oakville and District Labour Council meeting we were discussing the fight that Unifor Local 88 is fighting. I want to send you my support for the fight that you are waging.As a proud member of the Labour Community, it is important that House of Labour stick together and support one another. Is it possible that you could send me any information on upcoming Solidarity Rallies, or where you have pickets set-up on weekends that I could direct our members to.Stay strong.
First Vice President
ETFO Halton Teacher Local
- Grey Bruce Labour Council – Letter of support
- OSSTF – Ontario Secondary School Federation