Strike Pay Distribution Plan for members of Unifor Local 88 Unit 1
On Thursday, September 28, 2017, members of Unifor Local 88 Unit 1 (GM Cami Assembly plant) will be able to pick up their first week of strike pay.
The Strike Pay Subcommittee has been working hard to develop a plan for distribution which we hope will be efficient; however, there are over 2750 members to process, verify and distribute cheques to.
We will try our best, but this will be time consuming and we ask for your patience and your help in managing the line ups and waiting time.
Some things to keep in mind when you arrive at the union hall to pick up your strike pay:
- Pay will be distributed on Thursday at the union hall (364 Victoria St., Ingersoll, N5c 2N4) between the hours of 7:00 am and 11:00 pm.
- Each member pick up their own strike pay cheque in person, show ID and sign for it. No other person can pick up your strike pay for you.
- Strike committee members will be at the Unifor Local 88 Union Hall directing traffic.
- The Local 88 parking lot is not big enough to accommodate the large volume of vehicles or in and out traffic flow; therefore, volunteers will be directing traffic to the adjacent soccer field.
- The parking lot entrance will be one way IN only.
- Vehicles will exit from the west end of the soccer field onto Victoria Street.
- Someone will be there to direct you.
- The main doors at the front of the hall will be an entrance only.
- Once you have received your strike pay cheque, exit from the side or rear lounge doors.
- Volunteers will be on hand to help direct members in and out.
- When you arrive, be prepared to give your picket gate, day and time of picket duty.
- Once your picket duty has been verified, you will be given your strike pay. You will need to show ID and sign for receipt of your cheque.
- Acceptable ID will be the same as it was for the Strike Mandate meeting: Unifor Local 88 union card, Cami swipe card or other form of photo ID.
- If you can’t pick up your strike pay on Thursday, it will still be available for you the following Thursday.
The Strike Committee is making every effort to ensure that pay distribution runs as smoothly as possible. We’d like to thank all members in advance for your patience through this process.
The Unifor Local 88 Strike Committee