Applications for the 2019 Unifor Local 88 Memorial Bursaries are now available.
Applications may be submitted by Unifor Local 88 members’ children who are graduating from secondary school and entering their first year of post-secondary education in a Canadian institution such as a university, college or technology institute are eligible to apply for the bursaries.
These are entrance bursaries only. Students entering their second or further years of study or entering first year after a gap between secondary and post-secondary are not eligible.
Submissions must include ALL of the following items for consideration:
1. Official application form
2. Letter(s) of recommendation
3. School grades
4. Registration and acceptance from post-secondary institution (if available at this time)
5. Answers to all of the five (5) application questions which must be submitted in both of the following formats:
a) hardcopy on 8.5” x 11” paper
b) electronically in PDF file format on a USB memory stick
* The answers to the essay questions make up 75% of the total scoring.
Applications must be received at the Unifor Local 88 union hall office or your unit or inplant office by the deadline: 3:30p.m., Friday, April 26, 2019 in order to be considered.
Unifor Local 88 Office (Union Hall)
P.O. Box 158, 364 Victoria St.
Ingersoll, ON N5C 3K5