CAMI Assembly Open House Event – Wednesday August 8th
CAMI Assembly and Unifor Local 88 are excited to open their doors and welcome the local community to tour the award-winning manufacturing plant on Wednesday, August 8. You will be able to see the Chevrolet Equinox come to life – from the roll of steel in our stamping shop to rolling off the end of the line in general assembly. In May, CAMI celebrated the production of their five millionth vehicle and will continue the celebration marking their upcoming 30th anniversary along with GM Canada’s 100th anniversary in the fall.
- Participants must be 12+ years of age.
- Tour registration must be completed by ALL guests and employees who plan to attend.
- Tour registration is limited and will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Tour #1 begins anytime between 11:30am and 2:00pm
- Tour #2 begins anytime between 4:00pm and 7:00pm
- The self-guided walking tour is extensive and will cover a distance of over 1.5 kilometres. Participants will be required to board buses and transition stairs throughout the tour.
- Strict footwear requirements will be enforced. No open-toed / opened-heeled shoes permitted. Sandals and high heels are NOT allowed.
We are looking forward to welcoming family, friends, neighbours and the local community to help us celebrate.