Unifor Local 88 Resource Centre has partnered with Fanshawe College to offer different Digital Literacy Workshops free of charge.
These additional workshops will be held at the Union Hall on Mondays- schedule is below. The workshops will be 3- 4 hours long. Computers are available in limited number. You do not need to sign up for all courses- if you would just like to take 1 or 2 just sign up for those.
If you would like to register for these workshops, deadline will be a week prior to the workshop date. Please register with the Resource Centre by calling (519) 425-0952 ext. #104 or emailing: email@example.com.
We would like to thank GM Cami Assembly for the use of computers to complete these workshops.
Here is a breakdown of what you can expect to see at these workshops.
- Intro to Computers- Internet and networking, Security, Software updates, back-ups, storing information in the cloud, task manager, online shopping, using social media
- Internet Safety- Password management, 2 Factor Authentication, being cautious with information, updating, safe browsing
- Word- Creating a word document, and using word to the best
- Excel- Learning to navigate through an Excel worksheet
- Powerpoint- Presentation and Slideshow navigation
- Google Docs – brief summary on how to use this tool