GM announced today that we will be expanding our manufacturing base by adding a Battery Assembly department to our plant.
Most of you have seen the building going up south of our plant. Some facts:
- it will be referred to as the Battery Assembly department
- it will be somewhere around 300 total jobs
- these will be full time local 88 jobs, both skilled trades and production
- jobs will be posted at some point in the future (not soon)
- we will need some time to pull everything together so no timelines set at all for postings, etc
Brent and I would like to thank everyone for their patience while we worked through this agreement and we would like to say a big thank you to our National – they assisted very much through this entire process, especially to Lana Payne who insisted from day one that these become Local 88 jobs.
Mike Van Boekel – Plantchair